March 4, 2015

First Heritage of the Year

It was a long day at work yesterday, but I had to pick up a few items at the local Target before going home. As I always do, I stopped by the card aisle. Much to my surprise, I saw a few of these packs hanging out! I was shocked, especially since I had to wait until almost a week after the release date for this Target to have series one. I really wanted to pick up a blaster, but I figured I might as well wait until today to get one since I can start using my $5 off coupon I got out of the series one Target blaster. So, once I got home, I ripped into the pack to get my first taste of this year's Heritage! Here are the highlights of the 20 cards.


I really like the kind of player Mookie Betts seems to be, so I won't hold it against him that he plays for Boston. After all, his location isn't his fault. I've got the Yankees in the Nachos Grande Heritage group break, so for the first time, I didn't want to pull any Yankees, but it is cool to see the first card with Didi in a Yanks uni. Gotta love that airbrush! Insert 1 of 2 - a Cutch New Age Performer. An interesting design and a great player.


More airbrush! First cards of Miley w/ the BoSox and Shelby Miller w/ the Braves. Hey, didn't that last guy pitch pretty well in the World Series last year?


I like the dual-player rookie cards. I'm probably the only one that feels that way, but that's OK. You've gotta love insert 2 of 2. Koufax and Kershaw! I'm not a Dodgers fan, but I really like this card. I don't really see anything terribly original in this design, but this is the first combo of these two that I have in the collection. 

Overall impressions are solid. This is about what I've come to expect(and what I like about) from Heritage, year after year. I'm definitely looking forward to snagging that blaster a bit later on today!



6 comments:

  1. I've done some bad day pack therapy. Always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that when someone says 'Miley,' Wade isn't the first person that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Now that Wade is with the BoSox, I care about both Miley's about equally(or not at all).

      Delete
  3. I'll probably be checking my local Target on Friday to see if they have any Heritage. I'm not the biggest fan of the '66 design, but Heritage is always fun regardless. I like the look of that Mookie Betts card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that Shelby Miller is the first card of him in a Braves uni...even if it is airbrushed. Man, I'm not going to recognize half the Braves team this year with all the trades and guys cut in the off season!!

    ReplyDelete