November 26, 2015

NFL Memories From Thanksgivings Gone By

First things first, I want to wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! For me, it's a great holiday filled with family, good food, and some NFL action. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. So, a few weeks ago with the holiday fast approaching, I began searching for cards that could be tied to the various games played on Thanksgiving day. I wasn't sure what I'd find, if anything. As it turns out, Panini released a Thanksgiving 'tribute' insert in their 2013 Totally Certified product.


When I saw this one of future Hall of Fame CB, Champ Bailey, I really had to have it! It's horizontal, it's got a great action photo, it's from a game where he was a Bronco, and when I turn it over, it really lets me relive the memory of the game listed on the front.


The only issue I have with the backs is that they recycle the front photo(but I really don't mind). The write-ups give a pretty detailed account of how the player impacted that game. When I got it in hand, I liked this set so much that I went back looking for more.


I decided to pick up former Cowboy/current Bronco, DeMarcus Ware just because. The set goes back to the '20's with the likes of Clarence 'Ace' Parker, so it's pretty comprehensive. If the checklist wasn't 50 cards deep, I'd consider putting the set together. For this holiday, I'll just have to settle for these two to remind me of some great Thanksgiving football. Thanks for reading. I think it's time to break out the pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment