June 6, 2016

Trading With the Chop Keep- Errr, The Cardboard Curmedgeon

A short while ago my quest to complete the Marketside Pizza set led into my second trade with Steve, the former Chop Keeper and current Cardboard Curmudgeon. In addition to providing some much appreciated pizza set needs, he included a few other food related oddballs and a few other set needs.

The Jeter disc was found attached to the lids of Skippy peanut butter several years back. As stated on the front, there were four, unlicensed discs in the set. I was able to track them all down back then, but more cards of the Captain are always welcome! The Randolph may look like the regular base Topps issue, but it is in fact of the Burger King variety.


This pair of series two needs get me a little bit closer to finally polishing off that set. Maybe I'll get it together and complete this and the Update set before this year's Update releases. Maybe not...


Here is the centerpiece of the trade. Three set needs in one package. At this point in my quest, this kind of success rate is unheard of. I stand at 43/50 but have been stuck at that number for some time. My last half dozen or so packs have produced nothing but dupes. I guess the bright side is that I have plenty to send out in trade packages. The end of this promo is rapidly approaching. I'm going to pick up a few more bread stick packages before they disappear. Hopefully I'll be able to cross off a few more cards before I have to begin searching eBay or Listia. This chase sure has been a lot of fun, I can't wait for the next one...oh wait, it might already be here. This new chase, however, is a story for another day.

Thanks for the great trade package Steve, your return package should arrive early this coming week. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of those Skippy lids before... we buy so much peanut butter between the two of us, I think I could complete a set like that in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know why I've never known about those Skippy lids. Skippy sucks.

    My opinion, of course. Not factual. But I do not like that PB.

    ReplyDelete