September 23, 2015

Farewell to Another Baseball Legend


Lawrence Peter 'Yogi' Berra has left us. He was truly one of the greatest to ever play the game. He will forever be remembered as much for his 19 season/10 World Series Championship career as he will be for all his 'Yogi-isms'.


I recently picked up this oddball. I had no idea that this card from Ziploc even existed, but I sure am glad to have it in my collection. I especially love shots like this that have the Yankee Stadium facade in the background.

I leave you all with two of my favorite 'Yogi-isms': When you come to a fork in the road, take it! I'm not sure why I like this one so much, but it's always stuck with me. My other favorite is truly sound advice: you can observe a lot by just watching. Rest in peace Yogi.

1 comment:

  1. among the many Yankee greats, Yogi has always been my favorite. His championship record as player and manager is - dare I say it? - unbeatable.

    ReplyDelete