July 9, 2015

Flexing Those Old Trading Muscles

About two weeks ago, I wrote a post about the art of negotiating trades. For me, it had practically been a forgotten skill from days long gone by. However, thanks to my involvement in a Facebook group centered around sports cards, I've been slowly shaking the rust off that old skill. In fact, I recently completed my third negotiated trade with a member of said group. Here were the two centerpieces I received.


I really like them both. They're nice, clean, on-card signatures on solidly designed cards, but I didn't actively seek these autographs. I simply made a comment that the Lyle, which had just been pulled from a box of Archives was a nice card. One thing led to another, the Nettles from last year was mentioned/offered, I agreed to part with two autos that have been sitting in my trade box for over a year, and here they are. I got a bunch of 'extras' thrown in too.


Most were keeping with the Nettles and Archives theme. From L to R, there's the base set SP, the Glossy All-Star, and the Hockey insert from last year, but it didn't end there.


Sandwiched in between two 2015 Topps Series 2 inserts is the Nettles Deckle Edge insert, also from last year's release. All in all, I can't possibly complain about this swap. As previously mentioned, it was definitely more work to complete than the other trades I've managed since starting this blog, but the extra work paid high dividends for my collection.

2 comments: