May 29, 2016

A Championship Exclusive

The UEFA Champions League final was played yesterday and sadly I didn't get to see it because I was at work. I was able to watch the highlights of Real Madrid winning the CL trophy for the 11th time, a record. Best I can tell, it was an exciting match, but I always hate it when any tournament or championship match ends up going to PKs. To me, it becomes as much about luck as anything else at that point. Like it or not, yesterday's match did in fact come down to PKs. When all was said and done, one of the best players in the world toed the line with a chance to put the game on ice. That's exactly what he did. Love him or hate him, Ronaldo was the hero. I thought this was the perfect time to show off a card I picked up from Listia a little while back.


Though it may be tough to tell, this is a really cool acetate card that is part of the series that Leaf put out at last year's National. The only thing I dislike about this card is the lack of logos. Having it in hand makes me think I might chase after some of the other subjects from this set. It has a pretty eclectic checklist ranging from soccer to baseball to Al Bundy, the pride of Polk High football. Thanks for reading.

1 comment: