May 4, 2015

May the Fourth Be With You

Today is Star Wars Day! Yes, I know this is a baseball card blog, but I love the Star Wars Universe almost as much as baseball cards. That's why I jumped at the opportunity to add these pieces of cardboard to my collection recently.


This is one of the most iconic moments in film. Just moments before this shot, we were introduced to Darth Vader for the first time. From this moment, I was hooked.


Here is another memorable moment from A New Hope. These cards were both promos for the 2007 Topps 30th Anniversary Star Wars set. The backs look like this:


The Vader is P1 and Luke is P2. There is a third promo card floating around somewhere, but it haven't been able to track one down yet. I am actively searching, but I think it may have been some limited giveaway at some convention. Some day I'll find a copy and my three card set will be complete. As great as these two cards are, they pale in comparison to the original Topps sets from the late '70's and early '80's. Unfortunately, I don't own any of those...yet. 

I can't write a Star Wars post without highlighting my favorite character. Since I don't have a piece of cardboard to show off, I'll have to settle for a digital 'card' from my Star Wars Card Trader app.


Mmmmmm, the Fourth is with you it is....yessss!

All of this is a great warm-up for next Saturday, 5/16. That's when I get to take my girls to Star Wars night at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. They're pretty excited about it, almost as much as I am! I leave you with 'Jedi Wool E.' modeling last season's Star Wars themed jerseys. Happy Star Wars Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment