May 26, 2015

Sunday was Bernie Day in the Bronx

This post was supposed to have gone live yesterday, but due to a glitch in the iPad Blogger app, it did not. Here it is with some minor modifications.


In the short history of this blog, my appreciation for Bernie Williams has been well documented. Yesterday was a big day for one of my favorite Yankees. Bernie's jersey number was retired and he was honored with a plaque in Yankee Stadium's Monument Park.


It's times like this that make me wish I still lived in NY. I would have loved to have been present for the pre-game ceremony.


Many of his former teammates were able to show up for the festivities. It was nice to see the foundation upon which the Yankees championship teams of the late nineties/early 2000's back together again. Congrats on a wonderful career and for receiving these well deserved honors Bernie!

Since no post is complete without at least one card,, here is a recent addition to my Bernie collection.


This is the International Atomic Refractor from 1997 Bowman's Best. Though the scan doesn't do it justice, it is a brilliant, shining star of a card...just like the player it depicts.

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day and that you took a moment to remember all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom!  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment