January 5, 2015

Wallet Card Selected

The other day I came upon a great idea while reading the blog Baseball Card Breakdown. The author Gavin suggested that we pick a duplicate card from our collection and place it in our wallet for the entire year, occasionally taking it out to snap pictures of it along your travels. Additionally he suggested that the card picked should bring a smile to your face every time you look at it and that you don't mind the wear and tear it will accumulate.

I thought this was a great idea(like many of you out there). So, I set out to find a card that would accompany me in all of my travels for the year. As I perused a few stacks of cards searching, it hit me. I should find a card that would make me smile every time I look at it. My mind immediately jumped to this:


Yes, it's a Minor League mascot card. It happens to be the mascot of my local Triple A team. This past season, my wife and I bought a Bulls mini ticket plan for the two of us and our two daughters. We all had a blast at 10 home games, the Triple A Home Run Derby, and the Triple A All-Star Game this past season. The Bulls games were a great place to start passing on my love and appreciation for the great game of baseball. Wool E. himself actually gave us a handful of these cards when my girls and I went to visit him. He signed a copy for each of them and we had a few left over for my collection. To me there is no better card to make me smile. It's a perfect reminder of fun times spent with my girls at the ballpark.

So, wherever the road takes me this year, Wool E. will be tagging along. Check back periodically to follow the adventures of 'Wallet Wool E.'

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I'll check to see if I still have a copy to trade. Worst case, I probably have a copy of a different year to send your way.

    ReplyDelete