February 15, 2016

A Pair of Great PWEs

Sorry for the unimaginative post title. Today, I'm taking a break from sharing the card show spoils so The Great Trade Post Catch Up can roll into its penultimate stop. That's right, after sharing these two PWEs, there is only one more trade package to go before I am caught up! I'm fairly sure it will be short-lived since it appears that Super Traders packages may begin arriving imminently, but at least I'm won't be as far behind as I was at the beginning of the year. Now, if I can only begin to catch up on outgoing, return trade packages to a number of folks. Perhaps I'll just have to bulk up some of those packages before I begin dropping Super Trader packages. I also want to be sure to let everyone know that I will absolutely continue to send packages out to all of my trade partners that aren't in the ST group, same as I have up to this point.

Alright, let's get on to the first of these awesome PWEs. It came to me from one of the most prolific trade partners I've had thus far, Jeff from Wish They Still Came With Bubble Gum. As usual, it contained some excellent cardboard.


All around awesomeness in this scan. From the Elway in his Stanford uni to the super shiny gold Bernie, these were all welcome additions to the collection. Somehow, I've owned the mirror gold parallel of that Pettitte for 15 years or better, but the base version had eluded me until now.


I'm happy to have this Broncos relic, and Ball played a small role behind Knowshon Moreno when they got annihilated by the Seahawks in the Super Bowl a few years back. However, he was released by the Broncos prior to the 2015 season, spent the entire year on the Patriots practice squad and was recently released by the Pats after reports of his arrest on a battery charge after a dispute with his girlfriend. At least this is a reminder of a more promising time in his career.


I thought this was so cool when I saw it. I had no idea that there was a Hockey card game, though I probably should have known. It's a pretty great first card to have. Scott Stevens is one of my favorite players to collect. Good stuff Jeff, thanks!

Next up was a vintage dominated PWE from Brian at HSCA.


Yes, I'm aware that this is far from vintage. It is the only non-vintage card that I'm going to highlight. I'm not sure how the season will play out, but with any luck at all, this one will end up with an in person signature on it once the SWB Rail Riders come to Durham.


Look at all that cardboard goodness! All are in pretty decent condition and are certainly welcome additions to my ever-growing stack of vintage Yankees. Thanks for the great stuff as always, Brian. I've got some pre-ST stuff to send your way.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. good-looking variety of cardboard! I completely relate to the feelings of being behind on sharing so many excellent trade packages. I'll be sharing the one you sent me within a week or so.

    ReplyDelete