July 20, 2015

Bubblegum Wishes and Cardboard Dreams

Please pardon my lame take on the old "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" catch phrase. Truth is, Jeff from Wish They Still Came With Bubblegum has sent me enough PWE's that I'm rapidly running out of suitable post titles. That's a good problem to have though.

In the most recent arrival, Jeff did some set needs damage. The two new 1st Home Run inserts put me at just seven more to knock out the series one set. At some point, I'll have to add all of my series two needs.


The 2002 Topps Post 500 HR Club McCovey finishes that set off for me. It was only 8 cards, but these didn't pop up in my circles very often and I wasn't about to get them on eBay at 3-4 bucks each(shipped). Thanks Jeff, that's two sets finished this year. True, they may be relatively small insert sets, but I'll take it!


I also found a few Stadium Club Yankees in the envelope. This David Cone shows him in post-perfect game celebration. It's crazy for me that this game was 16 years and two days ago. I guess I should have posted this on Saturday. Oh well, better late than never. Thanks for another great PWE, Jeff. I know I've been saying it for a bit now, but it promise there is a stack with your name on it just waiting to be mailed. I'll be sure to finish it up and send it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment