October 24, 2015

Hell in the Cell Will Settle the Score

I don't watch a lot of wrestling these days, but back when I was younger, I was a huge fan. I'm sure that most of you could have figured that out from the sporadic wrestling card posts sprinkled in over the last few months. One of the big feuds that I remember before I stopped watching on a regular basis was The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar.


I recently picked up this pair of cards from a Listia auction. When I was bidding on them, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that each card has a photo from one of their 2002 matches(the set came out in 2003). It seems apropos that I recently picked these up because these two are approaching the end of their second feud. Most everyone that follows sports is aware that Lesnar ended The Undertaker's Wrestlemania winning streak last year.


The Undertaker exacted some controversial revenge a few weeks back at Summer Slam(see video below) and here we are, about 24 hours from their second Hell in a Cell match. This one is the rubber match, the one to settle the score once and for all. It's The Dead Man vs The Beast Incarnate surrounded by steel! Sadly, I won't be watching on WWE Network. Quite honestly, I'm just holding out hope that The Undertaker walks out in one piece. He's not getting any younger and with the recent neck injury that Sting(another of my younger self's wrestling heroes) just suffered fresh in everyone's mind, I can't help but wonder if the rigors of Hell in the Cell will be too much for 'Taker.

2 comments:

  1. I still watch WWE on a somewhat regular basis, well at least Raw and the "special events" or whatever they're calling them this week. If you're ever in the mood to chat about wrestling, just hit me up. Regardless, Lesnar/Undertaker will be a crazy match. I don't think it'll live up to the bloodbath that was their 2002 Hell in a Cell match, but it will still be a crazy match nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch WWE quite a bit, but I lost the plot a while back. I kind of keep tabs on it and read the major headlines, but that's about it. We went to the last couple live events they did in Boise, but it's been years and years since that happened. It was sure fun to attend, though.

    Lately I've been into Japanese professional wrestling. I really should get back into the WWE, but there is only so much time in each day and I am backlogged on the hobbies I already have.

    ReplyDelete