November 6, 2015

A Refractor-filled Swap

As it turns out, I never really caught up with my trade posts before I got preoccupied with card show stuff, new products and a few repacks. So, I think it's about time to finally write up the last few trade packages I've received. The steady influx of packages has slowed since I haven't had much chance to stuff padded envelopes full of cardboard goodness. The good news is that I finally have the first bunch of long overdue return packages packed and ready to go to the post office today. More will follow shortly. I hope that everyone I owe cards to will find the contents worth the wait.

Today I focus on the (mostly) shiny contents of a (not so) recent package from madding over at Cards On Cards.


First up are the not-so-shiny highlights. I love those Donruss HOF Heroes, Negro League cards. It's hard to believe they've been around since 1983 and I somehow didn't have either of those. Bo's 1st Home Run card puts me one closer to completing that set. The rest of the package was quite refractor-y.


An X-Fractor, a purple, and sepias...oh my! True, the Rendon and the Desmond are not refractors, but they too are shiny and needed. These are all great additions to the various parts of my collection, but the centerpiece of this particular package was this prismatic beauty.


The scan of this one came out better than I thought it would but it looks much better in person. I've got a bunch of Cardinals packed and ready to drop at the post office to make up for this incredible trade package. Thanks for the swap, I hope we can do it again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Nice cards, I second Nick, that Prism Refractor Bryant is killer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was pretty thrilled to land that Bryant!

    ReplyDelete