November 15, 2015

A Tribute to a Great Champion - Single Card Post Sunday #5

I had hoped that this would be a celebratory post following UFC 193 last night. Like many, I assumed that the dominant force named 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey was just going to keep right on rolling. As everyone knows, that was not the case. In a somewhat shocking result, she was knocked out by challenger Holly Holm. Still, Rousey is one of the best fighters in the world and I post this as a tribute to her impressive championship reign.


I don't really collect UFC cards, but I'll pick up a few here and there if I can find them for the right price. I found this awesome debut card tucked in a 5000 ct box at a show a few years back. I looked in vain for a few more copies of it, but I had to settle for taking home a single copy of this treasure for just a quarter. Here's hoping that the former champ can pick herself up, brush herself off, and regain the belt in her rematch which may take place at UFC 200 in July. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment