July 4, 2016

Celebrating the 4th with Hot Dogs and Apple Pie

I hope everyone out there in the cardsphere had a safe and Happy Fourth of July! I spent quality time with my daughters and got to watch the 100th Anniversary Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest. I wrote about this annual tradition last year, but have acquired a few new pieces of cardboard to commemorate the occasion.


Here is last year's upset winner, Matt Stonie. I love how the pic shows him holding the mustard yellow championship belt.


As cool as the Stonie is, here is the champ! Jaws set a Coney Island record by eating 70 hot dogs in 10 minutes today to reclaim the championship.

So, I don't have any apple pie/cardboard tie-ins, but since baseball is the America's Pastime, it is therefore 'as American as apple pie'! I know, I was reaching...


As many of you know, I'm a regular Bunt user. Over the course of the weekend, they gave away these Independence Day inserts(I missed Saturday's Kershaw). I think they did a great job with the design and the photo selection, very patriotic and apropos. I'm gonna go check out some fireworks. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment