February 28, 2016

A Feverish Spring Promo from Topps

I was really chomping at the bit to participate in the Spring Fever promo this season. Just when I thought I was going to miss out on the fun, I was able to wrangle a single pack from one of the fairly local card shops that were participating. The base checklist is solid, but the real draw for me is the possibility of pulling two of the autos, both players that don't show up in the base checklist. Greg Bird and Richie Shaffer are two of my favorite young players and I was hoping to pull one of them from this non-descript pack. 


It contained five cards plus a Wacky Packages sticker. Let's rip the plain silver mylar and see what's inside.




Three cards into the pack and I'm not thrilled. If only I was a Giants fan, I'd be pretty happy...


Things began to look up a bit with the Piscotty. He's a pretty decent young player with a lot of upside. It doesn't hurt that I was fortunate enough to meet him at the Triple A All-Star festivities in Durham a few seasons back.


Last card, no auto but at least I ended the pack with the NL MVP. I like this season's design quite a bit better than the last few. I refuse to scan the sticker, sorry. There is one more thing to share though...


Since I didn't pull this auto, I had to go out and bring one home from eBay. One down, one to go. Unfortunately, tracking down the Greg Bird is going to be a bit tougher, it's limited to only 50 copies and he's a Yankee, so demand is high. Won't stop me from trying though! Thanks for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. I've picked up a couple of the recent Spring Fever sets. I like the more colorful, shiny sets more than I like this year's iteration. I'll probably still try to grab the set, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was Starling Marte that had an auto in the set a few years back. I remember it being very difficult to locate. Hope you find the Greg Bird!

    ReplyDelete