February 25, 2015

Cards From Nachos Grande

I know I've written about how much fun I had taking part in my first group break a few weeks ago courtesy of Chris over at Nachos Grande. I appreciate that Chris takes on the challenge of hosting breaks so that guys like me can potentially score some really great stuff at a price inside my budget. I'm almost as excited to join this new break which will include a case of 2015 Topps Heritage and a bonus box of 2004 Topps Clubhouse Collection(which is full of hits). There are still some really great slots available and Chris has started making deals to make some of the slots a bit more equal in terms of potential hits that can be pulled. If you've never joined a break or have had fun with them in he past, do yourself a favor and check out the details over at Nachos Grande.

Chris' generosity doesn't end with hosting breaks. He recently opened some Topps series one for himself and I inquired about the availability of some cards to help with my set needs. A few days later, a PWE with these arrived in my mailbox:


I know some don't care for this design, but it is OK in my book(except that there are black, silver, and gold variations, really Topps?). For me, the real draw of this set is the write-ups on the back that describe each player's first home run.


It sure isn't going to be the easiest insert from series one to piece together since it has a 40 card checklist AND is retail-only. I'll get them all someday. Cross three more of my list(which I recently posted, BTW). Thanks again Chris!

3 comments:

  1. The design is so-so, but I do enjoy the concept of those First Home Run inserts. Love that Topps found appropriate shots for each card as well. (A-Rod as a Mariner, Sanders as a Yankee, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The design is so-so, but I do enjoy the concept of those First Home Run inserts. Love that Topps found appropriate shots for each card as well. (A-Rod as a Mariner, Sanders as a Yankee, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Topps was very diplomatic this year putting one player in multiple uniforms. I think Nolan Ryan had cards as an Angel, Astro and Ranger in this years set.

    ReplyDelete