March 25, 2015

A Trek Through the Land of Listia

As a collector, I'm always looking for new ways to add some cards to my various collections. After keeping up with my blog roll for a while I started seeing a post here or there talking about the auction site Listia. I was intrigued. I did some research and pretty soon I decided to take an adventure in this new land. Upon entering this new place, I was given some free credits to spend and I was determined to find something that I could add to my collection with them. However, at first glance, I found a wasteland teeming with over-production era commons. If it wasn't for that determination I probably would have left that place and never returned. Instead, I learned that this was a land where a card hunter needs to be patient. After some time, I finally found some inhabitants that were worth keeping an eye on. So, watch them I did and when the time was right...I took a shot at making them mine. After a few near misses, I found success! Over the past few weeks, this place has become a semi-regular stomping grounds for this card hunter, so I thought I'd share a recent addition from the Land of Listia.


This is not my first new acquisition from this land, but it does happen to be one of my favorites so far. 

If you haven't visited this place yet, I would definitely recommend it. I have not only found some great new cards, but I have also found value in some cards that I figured I'd be stuck with because they weren't worth the effort to sell them on eBay. It has become a viable new source of cards for me and hasn't cost more than a few stamps here and there. Periodically, I will share some other new additions, but for now I wish you good luck in your travels to the Land of Listia.


6 comments:

  1. Listia - sounds like a far-away land with mystical unicorns and giant Tigers! Perhaps I'll sail away tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you say 'giant Tigers'. Right after this post went live, I captured one of the biggest Tigers from the same set as the above Torre...Al Kaline will be coming my way.

      Delete
    2. Super sweet for you! My most sincere congratulations, she said with her fingers crossed.

      Delete
    3. As you may see in a forthcoming post, I have decided to try to complete this set. If I get my hands on a dupe in the process, I know a good home to send him to!

      Delete
  2. You find a good one! It's tough...there is a lot of garbage on there, but with patience there is some good stuff to be had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely learned that patience is required!

      Delete