May 4, 2020

May the Fourth Be With You



Happy Star Wars Day!!!

I'm celebrating by finishing my kids' schooling early and then watching their choice of Star Wars content. We plan to start the festivities by lunchtime. This year the 'holiday' is probably an even bigger deal around my house than in the past. Despite the hole left by the lack of a Durham Bulls' Star Wars Night game this year(which has become an annual tradition for us), we will rejoice in the escapism the films enable. We will put on our franchise-themed gear, talk about our favorite scenes or characters, and spend time together.



Is there a more fitting day to show off one piece of a (not so)recent Zippy Zapping? I think not. This awesome manu-relic arrived in an extremely generous package back in mid-January. I highlighted several of the incredible cards from my first official Zapping in a Twitter thank you post at the time. I was very happy to receive this Rey since she is a character that my oldest daughter and I both like. I'm sure she will be the topic of several discussions as the day unfolds. I'm off to put the finishing touches on some Wookiee Cookies and pretzel light sabers. If you're not into Star Wars, try to find something else to be positive about. If you haven't already entered for the chance at some free cards, the claiming window is still open until 8pm tonight. Check out yesterday's post for details. Who isn't positive about free cards? Everyone stay safe and hang in there through these rough times.



May the force be with you! Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. OK, I'm actually watching some Deep Space Nine episodes this afternoon (because they're on BBC America). Sacrilege?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Star Wars Day! I posted a few Star Wars cards you might find interesting. Hope you and the family enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen them all except the Han Solo one and the last one.

    My top five in no particular order: Boba Fett, Lando Calrissian, Darth Maul, Princess Leia, and Darth Vader.

    ReplyDelete