August 16, 2015

The Birth of Austin 3:16 - A Single Card Post

Digging out has been quite the process. I've still got a ton of stuff to scan and write about, but in the interests of being able to break up the longer, scan-heavy posts I've been doing some single card posts. Darn if their 'view' numbers aren't better than most of what I've written around here. Maybe I should consider changing this blog's format to single card posts only...

Anyway, I'm not really sure why, but I've been on a wrestling kick lately. Not modern day 'sports entertainment', but more 'classic' stuff. So, today I share this, yet another recent Listia win.


'Stone Cold' Steve Austin was one of my absolute favorite wrestlers of all time. He was the face of the WWF(back then it was not WWE) Attitude Era. This card highlights the moment two of his biggest catch phrases were born. If you listen close to the video of the promo he cut after beating Jake 'the Snake' Roberts in the King of the Ring final, you should hear the first mention of Austin 3:16 and that's the bottom line... He was gifted on the mic and you could feel the emotion in his promos. Not to mention, he provided some hilarious moments during his feud with Vince McMahon. Check out that video below. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment