June 26, 2015

Vintage Set Collecting Help Courtesy of Brian at HSCA

It's been a little while since Brian and I have exchanged cards. I've been slowly accumulating some cards I hope he'll like since he has been one of my most prolific trading partners in the short history of this blog. That said, it was quite the surprise when I received a PWE out of the blue from HSCA headquarters a short while ago.


These don't qualify as vintage set needs, but there were new cards of four of my favorite contemporary Yankees. I especially like the O'Neill. It's tough to see in the scan, but it's shiny and colorful. Also, how could I not like a Post Donnie Baseball and have I mentioned how much I like Collector's Choice?

Brian included two new 1968 Topps Game inserts to help in my set collecting quest. Until I can make it to a local show, my only sources that allow me to cross more names off this checklist are eBay(which is not preferred due to cost) and fellow bloggers that have the benefit of regular shows in their area. This is already the third card that Brian has helped me cross off this list and it leaves me with only 14 more to track down.

Thanks for the great PWE Brian. I promise that I've got something almost ready to send your way. I hope once it arrives, you'll find the contents were worth the wait!



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I should have waited until Halloween to post that one.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure it will be worth the wait! Glad these were all needed.

    ReplyDelete